No Amateur Radio Books in the Library to Borrow

Home Forums Conversation Central No Amateur Radio Books in the Library to Borrow

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Admin 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Admin
    Keymaster

My local library ‘temporarily closed’ a few years back. This phrase was used as the library was supposed to move to our community centre, this never happened, they bulldozed the old building and since then it’s been ‘temporarily closed’.

Whilst it was a small library you could request books from the main library which made it appear to be part of the a greater book depository as it was.

Looking for some light reading in Amateur Radio I found that most of the books were from the 60’s and that they were in the reference section and not available to lend. In fact there are only two ARRL books in Birmingham’s Libraries both not available to lend. The RSGB fares even worse with one book from 2012 stocked, again not available to lend.

Whilst I know the Library has to buy the books to stock, maybe the RSGB could donated a few sets of books before our hobby is consigned to complete oblivion, book wise.

Has anyone else found no books in the Library or is it just Birmingham?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to provide a more personalized experience and to track your whereabouts around our website in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you decide to to opt-out of any future tracking, a cookie will be setup in your browser to remember this choice for one year.

Accept or Deny

Skip to toolbar